Shades 000: In Which a Bird Gets Bent


So apparently I’m the proud owner of some old castle out in the middle o’ mudfuckin’ nowhere, and the new Lord of whatever civilization is still attached to it in deed only. Well, ain’t that a riot. It certainly ain’t everyday a bird finds himself at the receivin’ end o’ some past adventurer’s rottin’ fortunes, rather than begging or pluckin’ ‘em from their fat pockets. It has to be some kind of record.

The gentleman responsible for handing the deed over, some quill-pusher by the name of Bent, was a lot less surprised by the whole affair than I was. Turns out he’d been tryin’ to track me down for years. The deeds to the castle has changed hands more than a whore’s coin, he says, or some approximation. But also the goose was apparently lookin’ for someone who actually uses my name. I certainly don’t. I’m a mite concerned that he found me at all.

Anyway, my new castle lies a hour’s solid ride next to what I guess is a bog-pile town named Zelkor’s Ferry, which is technically in my Lordly domain. I ain’t never heard of it ‘til now, but that ain’t surprising. However, I have heard of the original owner of the premises. Orelinde Calaelen. The elven Goblin Queen o’ Mosswood. I guess it’d be best for her sake and mine that I at least go check the premises out, and take a peek at the town. The deed also includes a license to run a Great Downward Engineering Company, tax free, so perhaps I’ll go fishing for some potential enterprisin’ folk whilst I’m there.

Honestly I would not be surprised if I found Mr. Bent waitin’ for me in Zelkor’s Ferry tomorrow, to inform me that he made some kind o’ mistake. But then again, no one gives nothin’ to a tengu unless they absolutely have to, so maybe I just gotta suck it up and be a Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.