A quandary for the morally ambiguous

Mortimer sits leaning against the inside wall of a tower in a city on the Maelstrom, and slowly draws a stone along the blade of his scythe. It did nothing, he just liked the rhythmic motion.

Occasionally, his eyes would glow a soft silver and he would study Agamemnons sleeping form, before returning his attention to his scythe

"I should kill you, brother" he whispers softly to himself.

A few minutes pass.

"Balthazar allows me to see the evil in people, you see. And you are almost as evil as people get"

*Scrape, scrape, scrape*

"You tell people that it is okay to follow their hearts, that emotions and passions and needs are more important than rules. This is why bandits and barbarians and Kruin exist. They don't respect the rules, and they feel like its okay to do as they please"

*Scrape, scrape*

"Balthazar has taught me that lies are wrong. Lies are little seeds of evil. So if I killed you, I would have to admit it to the others, when they asked. Besides, I like you."

*Scraaaaaape*

"They probably wouldn't like me if they learned you died by my hand, would they?"

*tap, tap*

"Balthazar has taught me to use whatever tools I need to, in my fight against evil. I need you, and I need our friends to fight against Orcus. Using evil to fight evil is smart. Tabitha thinks so anyway."

*scrape, scrape scrape*

"Being a Hellknight is hard Aggy. There is so much thinking."

*Scrape, scrape*

"I want Unicorky"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.